Happy Halloween everyone

Happy Halloween everyone

by digby




It always seems like the President really enjoys these Halloween fests at the White House. I can understand why.  Kids in costumes are a lot of fun.  And I would imagine the president needs a little innocent distraction from time to time.

Meanwhile, I hear that in various places around the country the fundamentalists have managed to ruin Halloween for a whole lot of kids. How sad. And apparently it's been attacked by people upset at the idea of giving candy to kids as well, which is also daft.  I'm big on healthy eating for kids (as is Michelle Obama) but, like her, I think Halloween is the time for such treats!

Ah well, I eagerly await the little kids in my neighborhood tonight. When I asked my little friend Stella across the street what she was going as for Halloween she told me Taylor Swift.  I asked her best friend Molly and she said "a chicken." You've gotta love that.


Update: Be sure to check out John Amato's TOP 50 horror movies of all time.

.